Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Caleb and Tori left for a visit to Chad in Portland this weekend, and so, as a result, I worked for Caleb friday night. I don't see this as anything particularly nice of me to do that for him, but more that I would just be a complete jerk if I didn't. Just doing my duty as anyone should. Besides, if he were here, I would still be at the same place on my friday night anyways, just on the other side of the counter. So its no big deal. Caleb however just can't let a nice deed/favor go unreturned, so he ordered a pizza for me to be delivered as I started the shift. You would think after living with him for 4 months, and then spending pretty much every evening of the last 9 months at his house, and ordering countless pizzas together, that he might know what kind of pizza I like, which is usually just basic cheese with pineapple on top. He however ordered me what must have been veggie lovers pizza, which is no doubt what he would get for himself and is loaded with peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, and especially onions. Now, I hate onions more than anything on this earth, as far as food goes. They kind of remind me of what body odor would taste like in food form, and Caleb most definitely knows this. And so I wonder just what may have been going through Caleb's head as he ordered this. Maybe he was trying to get back at me for something, or sending me a subliminal message somehow, or maybe he was just thinking maybe I will be kind and save him a piece for when he got back and it would be the kind he liked. I don't know, but I'm a little suspicious of him now. Nevertheless, after the picking off of the onions, it was a delicious pizza, and has fed me two meals already with 2 slices still left over for a possible snack tomorrow. Even though I could have gone without all the other ingredients, I suppose it was nice to branch out and try something new. He even got all fancy on me and ordered it from smoky mountain pizza factory. I would have been perfectly happy with PJs (Papa Johns), or even nothing (since such an act really isn't necessary at all), but he went all out. So Caleb, despite the bad ordering, I thank you for the quality pizza. It was really good; still a little suspicious of the whole thing though.

We have acquired a new customer at the coffee garage these past two nights. He is middle age, with facial hair, and of heavier stature. Friday night he came in and the first thing we noticed was his Aerosmith T-shirt with his matching Aerosmith tattoo. The guy is like the coolest guy ever in the most uncool way, or vice versa, not sure which way works better. Joe fell in love with him immediately. Then Saturday night he came in with a 49ers championship T-shirt on. Joe even moreso likes him now. Then, he asked Joe for some help in figuring out how to change the background picture on his PC. His current picture was a digitalized photo of a wolf howling at the moon in the midst of nice outdoor scenery. But guess what his new picture was gonna be? Thats right, Aerosmith: Dream on baby.

Now I'd like to take the time to apologize to Joe for overly criticizing his choice of music at work. I know it bums me out when people don't like my choice of music, and so I am sorry for the hurt I have caused. But seriously, you need to stop touching my butt at work. Twice this happened in one night. I could see one time being an accident, but two?!? I am a little suspicious of you too now. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed working with you.

Diana and Joe, lets make a pact to watch next weeks episode of the office together. I am bummed that I have to watch this weeks all alone now. No more of this divisive Office watching.

Tonight I picked out a song to be played at my funeral for when I die (not that it should be happening anytime soon, but you never know). It is "We'll Meet Again" by Johnny Cash. I actually haven't even listened to the song all the way through nonstop yet, but Joe showed it to me, and I decided right then and there that it should be played at such an event. It is quite good: give it a listen. What song might you like at your funeral?

Well, if you have made it this far, read Joe's post below as well, because it is good. I liked it anyways. Also, Caleb and Tori, never leave again. I don't like you two not being around. This summer is gonna be a bummer whilst you travel. Goodbye everyone.

2 comments:

Diana Shafer said...

1) Didn't you know butt touching on the clock is a sign of a good work environment?

2) Nick Cave, frat rock? You should apologize.

3) Will the Circle Be Unbroken- probably the Johnny Cash version
Lullaby- Emitt Rhodes

Joseph said...

Funeral song: On the Road to Find Out - Cat Stevens

We tried to watch the Office with you, douche.