Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Today I participated in a career fair for Boise high schoolers (who are, by the way, a total waste of time...j.k?) I was to speak on behalf of all the world's fashion designers and give my presentation five times to small groups of about 10 each session. I'll admit I was really irritated by how rude and self-centered a lot of them were, but there was always at least two who asked a lot of questions and seemed genuinely interested. Those were the ones that made it totally worthwhile. It felt really good to offer all my knowledge and advice to them, and it was surprisingly easy to speak, despite my fear of audiences, because I was passionate about the subject. At the end of the day, I decided I really do want to teach even though high schoolers are a total waste of time....j.k?
I do want to seriously encourage everyone here to teach a group of people about something they love at least once in their life. It is really gratifying. And there's nothing more wonderful than being gratified.
Next up, I wanted to share some photos of my aunt's modular home and garden. She lives near San Jose and there's this bizarre neighborhood (according to an Idahoan) consisting of 900 modular homes and they all have strict guidelines for their upkeep (a certain amount of greenery in their front "yards", etc.) I also loved how they didn't grow grass in their yards. Way to not waste water while being unique Californians.






Plus my aunt's cat is soooooooo cute!

No comments: