Tuesday, April 8, 2008

i'm kind of a baby at this

Hello world, it's me, tori. Please excuse me, for I am new at this. There is this place that I live, and I have the superb opportunity to live with some fine people and dog. I am still getting used to the dog part, honestly, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how sweet it is to live with my friends.

Today I got to go to school. We talked about Gandhi and Hitler. Both very influential in their time, but very different spirits and approaches to problem-solving. Gandhi said this:

It is not Hinduism, which I prize most highly, but the religion which transcends Hinduism-- the basic truth which underlies all the religions of the world. It is the struggle for truth-- for self-expression. I call it the truth-force-- the permanent element in human nature, constantly struggling to find itself, to know its Maker. This is religion.

I find in myself the struggle to know my Maker as well.

p.s. I saw a splash of bile by our wurlitzer organ today. Sorry, I can't help talking about body fluids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you sis.
welcome to blogs.

Diana Shafer said...

Oh get over it. It's cleaning fluid! And I cleaned it up.

jeffrey greene said...

tor tor...you're blogging!

Heidi said...

very nice for a first blog. :)