Friday, May 23, 2008

What is the best way to kill a blog?

What do you think the best way to send a blog into stagnation?  I believe the number one way to flatline an online journal(or print for that matter) is to write about how one has not posted in a long time, and make a promise to post more frequently.  For that reason, I will not actually claim these things.  The moment you feel guilty for not writing you begin to see it as a chore.  Should a person ever feel guilt for not expressing oneself?  I think not, but I do believe a person should be expressing his or herself one way or another.  That is why journaling is important to me, because it has the ability to open up dialogue with myself about what is going on in my life.  The good thing about an open journal is the addition of other's opinions to your internal dialogue.  It is because of this I will continue to write in this blog and encourage my fellow posters to follow suit, not out of obligation but out of healthy self exploration.

This has been Saturday night in the house of ShaKim.

(Disclaimer:  This post was about myself and my lack of blogging.  Of course one or more of my fellow posters have been diligently posting, and I commend him/her for that.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
I have been wanting to say something like this...but haven't known how to say it for weeks now. I'm not too lazy to blog--i'm not bored with blogging--i don't see blogging as a chore--and some significant things have definitely happened in the last 4 weeks since I last blogged...but the words just haven't come.

let this be my non-apology letter from my blog for it.

shaun said...

I liked this Joe. Definitely the best expression of how to keep a blog alive I have heard, even though it is the only one I have ever read.

shaun said...

P.S. Should I blog about the time I brought Al into your home?

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?!?!
SHAUN PEE PEE KING BROUGHT AL TO THE HOUSE OF ShaKim?!?!?!?!?!?!
YES DO TELL!!!!

Joseph said...

Yeah Shaun, tell the story I like to call "Al in the Moonlight."

kylee said...

joe & chad- good news!