Saturday, May 10, 2008

Customer Service

Our store is opening (ever so gently) today. I will go in around noon until 8. I didn't think much of it, minus relief- pure relief, until this morning. Suddenly I got a bit nervous. What will people think of my work? Not only that but I recalled that sometimes I really despise customer service. Working at Junkyard usually wasn't so bad, mostly because we had an average of 4 shoppers a day and 50% of them were people like me. There were the awful exceptions but only when it came to buying jeans from people. But then during my 1-2 month stint working for a one-woman Nampa empire, I noticed that there were tons of mean people in the area. Is it Nampa? Is it because I worked in two "uppity" (or overpriced) places? I wonder what kind of customers we'll have. A huge majority of customers at the Market and the Shed were 50 or so year old women. They were the worst. Not all 50 year old women are terrible, but for some reason I think almost every woman goes through about a decade of thinking she is owed the world. Maybe it has something to do with the kids leaving the home and suddenly she can start thinking about herself again. That's a good theory. I'd really like to believe that's it.
So wish me luck in this new customer service venture. I'm excited for the studio to be open so that I can escape into the back whenever I'm afraid of someone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck my friend!
I wish i could be there to check it out and enjoy your work!

thefamousnic said...

Agreed that old women can be crabby women. I think they turn especially bitter when it comes to economic transactions. Results of the Depression?

I'm exciting to see your work and place of work. I will need an addy though.

Nicole said...

where is it at??

katie henbest said...

i made my first trip there yesterday and bought a lovely dress! your embellishments are beautiful Diana! can't wait to see what happens with the shop...