Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Irresistible Revolution


So, I think that this book made it's way from Chad to the McKims, to Diana, and then to me (and who knows where else in the near future). Not like it matters, but I like to give credit where credit is due. I just finished The Irresistible Revolution tonight, and despite the fact that this guy is totally a token cheesy youth group leader with dreadlocks type, he had quite a bit of experience and wisdom to share with the world. After finishing this book, it is hard for any Christian to feel satisfied with any particular life that he/she has chosen. Not because Shane Claiborne has led a perfect example of how a life should be led, but because he plainly tells us the opportunity we have to live the idealistic life that has been offered through the Christian faith. It seems after reading the book that the author doesn't want any praise or fame to come from it's publishing, so I am not attempting any type of flattery on the text itself. But I would recommend that any person that wants to read some clear examples of what Christlike living is should stop what they are reading now and pick this up from the library or steal it from Chad/McKims/whoever (I guess you could buy it, but make sure it is from an independent bookseller or a used copy).

No comments: